Bubbles

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I felt that Margret just made a big deal out of nothing. These men were just trying to make some money for there families. I don't think they were harming anyone in any way. She said she was afriad to let her daughter walk to the store by herself because they were whistling at her but this isn't only men of that race. Men of all race do the same. I also think that she is racist but anytime someone accused her of it she got offended and denied it. I guess the thought of a different race in the community made her think their trying to take over america but thats not the case. Amercia has always been a place for new beginnings and a better oppertunity and thats all i believe they were trying to achieve.

1 Comments:

Blogger Prof. T. said...

I agree - I think it's interesting that people are comfortable with racist views but have internalized the idea that 'racist' is a bad thing to be.

I wonder if you think that the film was too willing to say there were real problems & the folks just had the wrong solution - when really, as you say, there wasn't a problem to start with.

October 8, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home